Wednesday, September 7, 2011


Great idea for quick smoothies in the morning.  Try it out! 


Freezer Smoothies -  http://www.thetidynest.com/


Smoothies are a quick way to eat a healthy breakfast using fresh ingredients.


To make these smoothies go together even faster, I divide the fruit and yogurt into serving size baggies and store them in the freezer.  I usually put several of these packets together at the beginning of the month to stock my freezer for the following month.  

 
 
The fruit is already washed and chopped and I freeze the yogurt in ice cube trays to divide it into the appropriate serving size.
 
 
For a smoothie that serves two, I use about 1 1/2 cups fruit and 3-4 yogurt cubes (approx. one tablespoon each).  I add the milk or juice into the blender until it reaches a smooth consistency.  
 

 I throw all of the packets into a large freezer bag to prevent freezer burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment